Saturday, March 12, 2011

Traveling Light

Anyone who really knows me can attest to the fact that I am a compulsive learner. If I am going to undertake some new activity, I'm going to read as much as I can about it and talk to as many knowledgeable people as I can to make sure I get it right. They can also tell you I hate doing something if I'm not good at it. I think both of these traits comes from a deep seated desire to not look like a doofus. If there's one thing I hate, it's being the unintentional source of other people's amusement. One other thing I hate is trying to get through an airport with too many bags. We've all seen that person. Very "touristy" looking, He's got one bag slung over his shoulder, a roller suitcase big enough to house a third world family, a smaller bag perched atop it like some kind of oddly rectangular baby monkey hanging onto its mother's back, a coat slung over his arm, talking on his cell phone and ambling through the airport looking like Charles Loughton in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (look it up). In short, an amusing doofus.

So, back to the learning thing. I started doing research on the internet about traveling light (see above). I found a website called

No comments:

Post a Comment