Thursday, March 17, 2011

Traveling Light; second thoughts

Sitting in the airport in San Francisco, first leg of the trip behind me. The bag is performing admirably. Even though it is packed so full that you can read the labels on the clothes inside, it is holding up like a champ. The zippers on this thing must be made of Kryptonite because they can be forced closed like no zippers I've ever seen before.

The second thought is this; next time I am going to carry a second bag (satchel, backpack, not decided yet) for all my electronics. The computer, camera, etc. are traveling well up to this point, but man they are squeezed in amongst the underwear and socks like battery toting sardines. I'm not sure cramming them in like that is such a good idea. If all I was packing was clothes and a laptop, I'd be golden. The camera, extra batteries, chargers; et al, are what's causing the majority of the potentially seam-busting, electronics busting pressure.

I'll fill you in on the other side......

No comments:

Post a Comment